KBI offers advanced data visualization that can be easily viewed, printed, and exported. Advanced Search and Report Builder provides an easy-to-use interface to support additional reporting requirements. Subscriptions can be created to automatically deliver reports to one or several users on a set schedule.
KBI processes reports centrally, and boardroom quality reports are available instantly through the web browser. Reports have extensive export capabilities, allowing exports in formats such as Adobe PDF, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, CSV, and XML. Reporting is an interactive experience with drill-down and drill-through functionality, allowing users to easily navigate down to the lowest level.
KBI’s ad-hoc offering leverages Microsoft Report Builder, an application deployed via the browser that allows business users to create their own reports from a user-friendly model of their data. Users create and edit reports through a user interface that is built on top of familiar Microsoft Office paradigms such as Visio and PowerPoint. Users drag and drop report items from the model to the design surface and set constraints to filter the report data. The model contains all of the necessary information for the Report Builder to automatically generate the source query and retrieve the requested data.
The report model includes:
- Business names for database fields and tables.
- Defined relationships between items in the data source.
- Logical groupings of model items.
The Report Builder enables users to:
- Add text and formatting to report.
- Create newly defined fields and calculations.
- Save ad-hoc reports to the KBI Ad-Hoc Reports page or KBI Home page.
- Save ad-hoc reports formats such as Adobe PDF, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, XML, CSV, and Tiff.
To reduce the time spent finding answers to business questions, KBI allows users to search for information using standard web searching techniques. Keywords including “and”, “not”, and “or” are used to filter the results. The information returned is within the context area selected, and ranked in order of relevance. The user may access additional reports that support each search match. This feature provides information to users quickly without the requirement of creating an ad-hoc report.
KBI subscriptions deliver Published or Ad-Hoc Reports via e-mail or to a shared folder at a specified time. For email subscriptions, the reports can be included as an attachment, in-lined into the body of the message, or include only the link to the report. This automatic distribution makes it easy to receive common reports on a set schedule.
The KBI solution is offered as an on-premise model and as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model. Customers can choose which deployment model meets their needs based on their business requirements.
- On-Premise – The KBI on-premise model provides companies with the ability to install and run KBI in the company’s own premises. By using the on-premise model companies have full control over the KBI system.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) – The KBI SaaS model is designed to offer organizations solutions that meet their specific business needs. As part of the KBI SaaS model, KBACE provides all the necessary hardware, middleware, installations, and the continuous maintenance of the system. The KBACE KBI SaaS deployment model offers companies an ease of mind, by always keeping the system on the most current version, without any required involvement from the customer.